Dynamics Thumb Orthosis
Dynamics thumb orthosis can be used for immobilisation to relieve the thumb saddle and base joint. This can reduce pain and heal injuries faster.
Built-in sturdy aluminium reinforcement surrounds the thumb and can be optimally adjusted to the hand. Short construction allows the hand and thumb joint to be largely released, so many daily handles are still possible. Widely seamless workmanship and soft inner padding ensure a comfortable fit, ventilation holes for a good skin climate.
- contusion, distortion of thumb
- capsule/ligament lesions of the carpometa- carpal or basal thumb joint
- post-operative immobilisation after ligament reconstruction (e.g. for skier's thumb)
- degenerative changes to the carpometacarpal and/or basal thumb joint (e.g. rhizarthrosis)
- chronic instability of the carpometacarpal and/ or basal thumb joint
In the following cases you should consult your doctor before using this product:
- skin conditions or injuries in the area of application, particularly where signs of inflammation are present, such as redness, temperature increase or swelling
- feeling of numbness and circulatory problems in the area of application
- problems with lymphatic drainage as well as unexplained swelling